Puppy Application Process
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
Submit an application and let us know which litter or litters interest you.
We will review your application and contact you via email or phone to ask any further questions we might have to ensure a good match can be made for you and a Hunterberry Hill Labradoodle puppy and/or let you know your application has been approved.
Puppy Adoption fee is $3800. Enjoy no sales tax in Oregon!
Submit a $500 non-refundable deposit to secure your spot on the Reservation List. The deposit will be applied towards the pet puppy purchase price of $3800.
When the puppies are born, you will receive a birth announcement. The first photo will be taken and sent out at 1 week old. You will receive updates several times during their first 8 weeks and photos and video clips will be shared through our Instagram and Facebook pages.
Puppies go for a vet health check at 7 weeks of age.
Your final payment of $3300 is due when your puppy is 5 weeks old. Hunterberry Hill Labradoodles reserves the right to release your spot on the reservation list if payment is not received on time.
PUPPY SELECTION PROCESS: PUPPY MATCHING
At 7 weeks of age, after we have done a full assessment of the litter, we match puppies with their families. Our evaluation of the puppies’ temperament in conjunction with the adoptive families’ preferences stated in the applications, email correspondence, and phone conversations are all taken into consideration. Puppy matching is the best way for us to ensure that your family will end up with the puppy you have been wanting, and is the reason we do not allow families to choose a puppy simply based on photos alone. Our puppies live with us in our home, which gives us insight into their individuality. We will always be honest with our families about what we see in the puppies to help ensure the best match! We use the Volhard method for temperament testing, as well as our own evaluations from living with these pups and our knowledge and experience from years of raising dogs/puppies.
Pick-up dates will be given once puppies are born and are usually when puppies are 8 weeks old. If we are shipping a puppy to you that date may vary a bit due to flight availability or our flight nanny’s schedule.
1. Please be aware we no longer offer Cargo Shipping.
2. You or a family member may fly to Portland International airport to pick up your pup directly from us. We can meet you at the airport with your puppy and the necessary supplies for travel (health record, puppy supplies, and puppy travel carrier), and then the puppy can travel home with you on the plane. The cost for this option including supplies is $150. Please be aware that there is typically a fee for carry-on pets ~$100. You must notify the airline about your intention to bring a pet on board to confirm availability. This option works best with Alaska Airlines.
- Alaska Airlines pet travel information [ click here ]
- Helpful information on traveling with your pet [ coming soon ]
As a health precaution we are not open to the general public for visits.
This is to protect our property and dogs from disease that may come in on someone’s hands, clothing, or shoes. Here at Hunterberry Hill the health and safety of our adult dogs and puppies is of utmost importance.
We always look forward to meeting our puppies new forever families! In the past we have allowed a scheduled visit with the puppy you have been matched with after 7 weeks of age and first vaccination has been given however, due to the pandemic we no longer can accommodate these visits.
We know how excited you all are to meet your new puppy and really appreciate your patience and understanding!
YOUR HUNTERBERRY HILL PUPPY WILL COME WITH:
- 2 Year genetic health guarantee
- Veterinary health check
- Microchip identification
- ALAA registration for Australian Labradoodles
- Puppy health record
- Age appropriate worming treatments
- Initial puppy vaccinations
- Introduction to potty training using a clean environment and use of a litter box starting 4 weeks of age, and introduction to crate training.
- Starter supply of puppy’s current food
- Hunterberry Hill Puppy Kit includes:
- Personalized binder with puppy records and helpful puppy care information
- Collar & leash
- Puppy blanket
- Two quality toys
- And a lifetime of support for the wellbeing of your pet!